2006-08-16

HTC MTeoR: A ball of confusion and lies

So apparently HTC’s marketing department isn’t talking to the engineering team.  I’ve been following this thread for awhile (as I was excited to get one of these phones), but alas it looks like all those hopes are gone due to a simple typo.

The skinny is this: the MTeoR does NOT support UMTS 1900 or GSM 850 – both of which are important for any US user (especially if you pay a stipend to Cingular).  Many guys are returning their phones to their providers and resellers.

Check out this review from Unwired (it's a long one), and the links to the HowardForums posts that I've been following:

Unwired Review
A post with a reply from HTC Customer Service
The HowardForums Thread that I’ve been following

Anyway, it is a shame, but I guess the HTC TyTN will have to do as my only phone.

No comments: