2006-08-17

Sweden: A Nation Divided Over Piracy?

So the piracy war wages on in Sweden.  On the one hand I understand what their intention is, and what their issues are.  I do not hide the face that I believe the DMCA is a horrible piece of legislation, not to mention half the shit in the Patriot Act.  But at the risk of invoking a dedicated Carnivore server to my blog and laptop, I shall cease ramble.

Regardless of your persuasion and thoughts towards copyright, I suggest reading up on what's going on up around the arctic circle. These pieces in Wired really caught my eye:

A Nation Divided Over Piracy
Wired's overview of the piracy camps in Sweden

Secrets of the Pirate Bay
Background on the Pirate Bay.

Faces of Sweden's Pirate Wars

Letters between the MPAA and a Swedish Politician

Did I mention that I like the Swedes?  FWIW, if I were a registered Swedish voter, I would most likely be a card-carrying member of the Pro-Pirate party - even if their approach is a touch misguided.

No comments: