2006-10-25

Scripting the World's Most Frustrating App: iTunes

So in a fit of frustration on a flight to Detroit last week (before I caught my nasty, nasty Michigan cold) I started banging around the iTunes COM SDK a bit with .NET.  I was able to hammer out some really cool functionalitiy (to me, an idiot that is).  When I went looking for some resources I found the following that I wanted to share with you, the Google Spider (the one sole reader of this blog).

iTunesKeys is a neat little app that runs in your system tray and allows you to set hotkey for common iTunes actions.  I use it for setting ratings as songs play.  It doesn't seem to bog down my keyboard interface either, which is a serious plus.

The Known iTunes for Windows Plug-Ins thread over at iLounge contained some interesting stuff too.

There were some iTunes Javascripts here that were mildly interesting.

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes has a small Windows section that I found resourceful (it's where I found most the above links).

No comments: