2006-06-26

So I went and saw Internet legends Hurra Torpedo last Saturday at the Roxy in Hollywood. I wasn't going to go at first - didn't think my girl would be into it. Alas, I didin't want to let Fred down though, so I went.

Good thing I went - it stands out as my favorite live show ever. Better than Metal Skool (at the Viper Room, Roxy, or Key Club). Better than Tool at the American Legion in Hollywood. Better than NIN at the Hollywood Bowl or at the Cal Poly SLO Gymnasium (although this NIN show is still my favorite live music performance).

Check these guys out. Looks like they are done in the US for awhile, but the next time you are in Oslo... :)

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Previous Roxy Showing, Tour Promo
MySpace Page
All The Things She Said

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurra Torpedo was a smashing show! It was extremely entertaining, everyones eyes were glued to the ultra-talented and creatively destructive norwegees.

I think your too hard on your girl, she seems pretty open to anything as long as she gets to hang out with you. I think she's even a Bad Religion fan, I bet she likes black flag, too. and from what i heard she loved NIN, but was just scared of getting trampled and moshed to death at the concert, which is pretty understandable considering her size.

I think the only thing she can't stand is that damn kangaroo paw, or whatever poor animal's limb that was sacraficed for bottle opener.