2008-07-08

Artists + Technology = Hilarity

So a good friend of mine is an excellent artist - with talent (and hair) flowing freely from his ears.  But sadly, when it comes to technology he can be all thumbs.  To be fair, he's actually better than what I would expect from his paintbrush wielding brethren - but if I had a quarter for every time I told him to "Google it," I'd be Larry Brin.

This is the Callwave transcript (which is about as accurate as a Magic 8-Ball) from a voicemail I received from him today.  It makes me laugh, out-loud, every time I read it.

know I'm curious to know if you've ever come across, somebody you know client or whoever that is literally taking their computer and like throwing it out window or just like rush it was a baseball bat, or something like that because, I'm really about to do that and secure snow, if anybody's ever really done that I'm sure you got some stories it's will after one and I'm it's still trying to figure out this Microsoft contact me see outlook, and I'm when I type in the phone number of the client, in is here all the stupid noises from my computer it like he wants to dial the number like the computer wants to dial the number and then it gets locked into this setting that I can't get out of you want to cancel yes so you understand, if you do see that and you sure you want to cancel, yes and it just takes me back it's like the cycle won't let me do it even control alt delete any more like unplug the computer so I'm gonna stop reason long winded, voice mail and just I hope you give me a call back when you get a chance give me some tips.

Fortunately he doesn't know how to use the internets, so I doubts he'll ever find this post.

No comments: